Exciting News regarding our Office DepotOfficeMax
In December 2013, Office Max and Office Depot announced a corporate merger. Since that time, the new Office Depot OfficeMax has been preparing to transition the University to a unified order and delivery process. Changes began to take place near the end of 2014. To keep you abreast of these changes, enclosed are new key contacts:
New Local Account Representation
New Transportation Partnership
Coming Soon... Switch to the Office Depot Catalog
- Same Access in Wayne Buy – Logo will be updated
- Go Live Date TBA –Estimated March / April 2015
- Contract items will be indicated online
- Non contract items pricing will have "Web Match Pricing", which compares other online website prices and adjusts to market changes weekly
FYI - Staples Announcement 2-5-2015
- As announced in the Wall Street Journal, there is a proposed acquisition of Office Depot OfficeMax by Staples, Inc.
- Outcome of FTC rulings may take from 8 to 10 months
- Any future transition is most likely 2 or more years
- Procurement and our Office Depot OfficeMax team will continue to stay abreast of developments and will notify the campus community of changes that affect the University.
If you have questions or require assistance, please contact
- Valerie Kreher at (313) 577-3720 or email@example.com