Announcing the New Hire Relocation Strategic Partners
Why the Change?
Relocating to a new area can be a challenging and stressful experience. To address new hire relocation concerns, departments and new hires need expert information and proper planning to make the move smooth and satisfying.
To help streamline the process, we are pleased to announce that the University has entered into two Strategic Supplier Relationships for relocations, one for interstate and a second one for intrastate. Corrigan Moving Systems, an agent for United Van Lines will handle new hires relocating from outside of Michigan. Professional Movers.com, an agent of Wheaton Van lines, will handle new hires relocating within Michigan. Each contract award was based on our competitive bid for new hire relocation services.
- Both agents have a broad and diverse nationwide network of relocation specialists that understand the needs of relocating families, offices and labs
- Both agents offer special discounts and will extend them to the new hire when relocating their household goods, offices and/or labs
- A special rate has been established for WSU faculty and staff to make their move both cost effective and well planned
- Both agents will provide pre-move information, cost estimates and scheduling assistance at no cost or obligation.
- In all cases, both Corrigan and Professional Movers should be quoting full cost replacement insurance
Our savings will range from 20% off Tariff for intrastate moves to 65.5% off Tariff for interstate relocations. The savings goes directly to the hiring department
To begin the process, Departments may want to send out the appropriate "Welcome to Wayne" letter (Interstate or Intrastate), designed by Procurement to help facilitate the new hire's relocation. Undoubtedly, this is a time of excitement as well as uncertainty for our new hires as they plan for their many upcoming changes. In order to make their transition to our area easier, and to take advantage of these services, please call the one of the relocation experts below.
Procurement & Strategic Sourcing is here to help as well, Valerie Kreher, Senior Buyer will work with the department and the new hire to coordinate with either of the movers to obtain a cost estimate and to schedule a move.
Once a quote has been obtained, the department should create a requisition in WayneBuy and submit for approval and processing in the normal manner. A special form is available under the WayneBuy Forms section, which will facilitate the preparation of your req. The form includes elementary items like the pick-up and destination locations, the driving distance, and value of the goods for insurance purposes.
If you have questions or require assistance, please contact:
- Valerie Kreher, Senior Buyer at (313) 577-3720 or email@example.com
If you have questions or require relocation assistance contact