Bridge to Wayne State's Strategic Partnership with the Xerox Corporation for copier and managed print services
Invoicing Information (5-2017)
Invoicing Information related to the Managed Print System can be found at MPS Invoices
The University has entered into a strategic contract agreement with the Xerox Corporation, for copier equipment and related services. As of fiscal year 2016, Xerox has become the sole provider of new copier and multi-function devices (MFDs) for the entire University. MFDs include copy, scan, print, and fax functionality. The majority of campus will be able to migrate from owning or leasing equipment to a utility model in which users pay a flat price per impression of $0.0169 for black & white copies and $.0578 for color copies, which covers all costs except paper and staples.
Benefits to You
The University will realize the following benefits of our Strategic Partnership with Xerox:
- Xerox will provide a customized copy and print solution specifically for individual Departments who choose to take advantage of the MPS program.
- This program provides an all-inclusive price per Impression cost of $0.0169 for black & white copies and $.0598 for color copies, which covers all costs except paper and staples
- Xerox will work with each school, department or division to determine its best equipment configuration and scope of services
- Separate purchase orders for equipment purchases, leases, and/or maintenance contracts will no longer be required
- The University's energy consumption (carbon footprint) will also be reduced
- Departments will quickly be able to benefit from the operational and financial savings of the program
- Departments who have existing copier equipment near the beginning or middle of its useful life can continue to use their equipment until it needs to be replaced
Annual savings through lower costs to the University community is projected to be 20% per year.
A Xerox Online Portal has been established. Through this Print Portal, departments, university divisions, colleges and schools can manage their print environment by:
- Order Supplies (see instructions)
- Obtaining information about the Warrior Print program
- Coordinating consultations to determine the best time to transition to the new program
- Understanding Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the program
- Viewing new technologies (printers & MFD) that are included in the program
- Tracking the status of service calls, supplies request and open Help Desk tickets
- Understanding the PO Management process for streamlining how you pay for print
- Coordinating Move, Add, Change & Delete requirements based on your own specific needs
Disposal of your old copier
If you are new to the Xerox Managed Print System (MPS) and have an old non-Xerox copier to dispose of, you should follow the Electronic waste (e-waste) disposal process outlined on the Office of Environmental Health and Safety website. The site will ask that you download the Declaration of Electronic Waste form and complete it. The steps to complete the form and have your old equipment removed are:
- Fill out form completely and email or fax to the Property Office, attention: Denise Nault at firstname.lastname@example.org (313) 577-2535 (fax)
- The Property office will forward your Declaration of Electronic Waste request to OEHS, once it is approved for disposal.
- The OEHS will make arrangements to have your Electronic Waste removed.
As an alternate to the e-waste program, you can also dispose of equipment using the regular Property Disposition process administered through the Property Office. The site will ask you to download the Declaration of Surplus Equipment Form and complete it. The steps to complete the form and to request the equipment be moved to the Property Warehouse (at a small cost to your department) is as follows:
- Fill out form completely and email or fax to the Property Management, attention: Denise Nault at email@example.com or (313) 577-2535 (FAX)
- Property Management will review your Declaration of Surplus request. The approved request will be returned. Once approved, the non-Xerox copier can be disposed.
- Contact the FP&M Move Management Team to request the equipment be picked up.
Please note that Xerox does not assist with the removal of old non-Xerox equipment.
If you have questions or require Procurement assistance, please contact
- Call Robert Kuhn at 313-577-3712 or firstname.lastname@example.org or
To contact Xerox Corporation, please call or email