Bridge to Wayne State's Strategic Partnership
The University completed a Request for Proposal (RFP) process for express mail and package services in 2015. During the evaluation process it was determined that the University would be able to save money by contracting with FedEx.
This agreement is in place for a 3 year period, through September 30, 2019. The University may, at it's option, renew for up to 2 additional 1 year periods, through September 30, 2021
As of July 2016, the University switched the preferred supplier for these services to FedEx. FedEx boxes have been strategically placed throughout the campus in locations similar to previous express package boxes.
- FedEx will provide the campus community with significantly discounted rates. It is estimated that the University will save approximately $15,000 to $20,000 per year using FedEx, and such savings occur at the unit level.
You are able to use the following options to request express mail service.
- Set up a blanket PO in WayneBuy if you have recurring use of express mail services
- Use your ProCard to pay for express mail service at the time service is provided
FedEx will bill for these services via Purchase order or Procard, whichever is appropriate for your department
Establishing a customer access account
To login to FedEx as a Wayne State University employee and receive our discount, you must first contact our Account Rep, Glenn Hunter. Send an email to Glen requesting access, and within 48 hours you should receive log in credentials. Glenn's contact information is at the bottom of this page.
Links related to FedEx Express Package Services
- FedEx Log In
(Starting page to log into the FedEx system)
- FedEx US Services
(FedEx generic delivery schedule)
- How to Create a Shipment Request or Order Supplies
(step by step instructions for requesting a shipment label)
- FedEx Helful Numbers
(Key contact information for working with FedEx)
The same provisions for shipping hazardous materials apply when using FedEx as when using UPS. Examples of hazardous materials include dry ice, flammables, and lithium ion batteries. Information can be found on the Office of Environmental Health and Safety website at http://research.wayne.edu/oehs/shipping/index.php.
If you have questions or require Procurement assistance, please contact
- Robert Kuhn, (313) 577-3712 | firstname.lastname@example.org or
If you have questions or require shipping assistance from Business and Auxiliary Operations, please contact
- Joyia Burgess, (313) 577-3323 | email@example.com
If you have questions for FedEx, please contact
- Glenn Hunter, (734)-735-6332 | firstname.lastname@example.org